Sunday, June 27, 2010

LAST DAY IN OHIO




























































As thunder booms outside my window, I am preparing for my last night at my daughter's home in Ohio. She is well on her way to recovery from her surgery, and ready to give up her temporary housekeeper and nanny. It has been fun getting to know my grandson, Daniel, who is a bright and funny boy. It has been two and a half weeks of makeovers, trips to Amish country, feeling what it like to be in high humidity again, taking Daniel to the park and library, loading and unloading a dishwasher at least once a day (quite a change from cooking for one!), baking cookies, teaching Daniel to go up and down the stairs and in and out of the car (saved my back....he is a BIG boy!), introducing him to the fun of a wading pool on a hot day, picking dandelions, and lots of chasing an active toddler! I also lived in the home of two techies who live on their computers and Blackberries, so I learned to use a fancy coffeemaker, satellite TV, a Wii fitness video, and a talking treadmill!!!! Incidentally, after all this time on the treadmill and Wii I am UP 2 pounds!!!!! NOT RIGHT!!!!! And we didn't even eat out a single night!

























No comments: