Wednesday, October 15, 2008

RIDING IN ARIZONA

Bart, Wylee and I have all settled back in to Arizona living. I have been very fortunate to have met some great new riding buddies. Bets is an incredible 80+ year old woman who gives me hope for more years of riding. She has a great knowledge of the trails, and of the vegetation. She points out landmarks and various plants and flowers as we ride, and she has led me out on some trails that are sometimes challenging, and usually breathtaking in beauty.
I have also met Joe, who has an RV and rides all over the country, Cindy, who lives in Washington but winters in a park model at the ranch, Diane, who lives on an acreage with her husband and horses here in town, and hope to get more rides in with Cindy, who I rode with last year. So with all these new riding friends, I am getting out on 2-3 hour rides every few days, and Bart is really getting fit with all the hills to scramble up and slide down! I feel so fortunate to live in such a wonderful area and to have had all these fun new people to share my riding experiences. When one is out on a horse in spectacular scenery, with a bright blue sky, warm sunshine, and interesting conversation it seems that all the problems with illnesses, economy and war fade for awhile and life is full of peace and beauty......and I am grateful.

No comments: