Monday, November 26, 2007

JEN AND NIELS VISIT


My daughter, Jen, and her husband of 4 months, Niels, visited over the long Thanksgiving Day weekend. They crammed in the maxium for the 4 days....Thanksgiving dinner at the clubhouse, sunning and swimming in the pool, a hike up to form their names with rocks by the other family members and visiting friends, a day trip to Yarnell, Jerome, Sedona and the Grand Canyon, lots of Gin 13 games, good food, Mass on Sunday and watching the Vikings game at the Mine Shaft afterwards, and the usual tour of Wickenburg. They are now safely home and resting up from their vacation! Mom finally got to meet Niels, and we took them to the shuttle this morning then Mom went for surgery for her eye cataract. The kids are now safely home, and Mom did well with the surgery and is sleeping on my couch as I type. I will take her back to her doctor tomorrow for her follow up visit. I am noticing Christmas decorations going up around the park, and the cactus down the middle of the road are all wrapped in lights. As I drove in after coming from the ranch from feeding Bart, I saw this sunset behind the clubhouse, and the lit icicles glowing from the eves. So my prayers for safe travel and surgery were answered, and another beautiful day ends.



No comments: