Tuesday, September 1, 2009

FUN WITH PAM




I received an invitation from Harrah's in Laughlin to a slot tourniment, with entry and 3 nights of rooms included, with a possible win of $8000, and a win of at least $50 guaranteed. I thought it would be fun to get away for a weekend and invited some friends and family to join me there. My good friend, Pam, took me up on it, and she flew in to Vegas, where I picked her up, then we drove to Laughlin for a few days of good laughs and conversations before she flew out of Phoenix yesterday after spending a few hours checking out Wickenburg on the way through.


She was shocked to discover what record-breaking 115 degrees of sunny, dry air felt like, and I discovered that unlike the winters, Laughlin is NOT cooler than here in the summer! But I love being near the Colorado River, and they were having their float weekend, where people had tubes with umbrellas, decorations and coolersy floating down from the Davis Dam. It looked so fun! Harrahs has a beautiful sandy beach area, so with the water, sand and flowers, I pretended I was on a Caribbean beach, for a moment!


We had a fun time, especially on the community pig race game, but I didn't win the big one in the slot tourniment, and the slots were not kind, so we both ended up donating to the local economy. Guess someone has to pay for all those bright lights reflecting off the river!


No comments: