Sunday, February 4, 2007

Superbowl Sunday

Took Mom to church, then had pancake breakfast in the hall afterwards with Ampe's. At 2 we all went to the Community Center to hear some great Bluegrass and Celtic music. Then I invited whoever wanted to come over to watch the superbowl and have munchies. I had BBQ and hot wings, shrimp, veggies, fruit, cake, wine, etc....Had a fun time, although was disappointed that Budweiser didn't have a good ad with the Clydesdales. I lost $20 to Conrad, and $2 in numbers at the house, but I guess I really wanted Dungee to win after his tragic year of losing his son. I thought the highlight was seeing Prince singing in the rain with his dewrag covering his hair! I couldn't believe those gals dancing in those high heels on the wet platform!
So dishes are washing in the dishwasher, lots of leftovers put away, house picked up, and Wylee is already in his bed. Tomorrow will be 75 degrees and I think I will be out on a trail ride!

1 comment:

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

Niels and I had the church family over in the morning, but with the windchill warning, the party ended pretty quickly. It's a hike from Canton to Cleveland. Straight temps of -5, with windchills up to -20 aren't good for the little ones! Could you send a bit of that warm weather up this way?!